Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Hobby: Film Photography

So I have a new obsesion, it's photography. I have a co-worker who's very talented and takes landscape and weather photos. His work is amazing! and i'm learning from him. He (and others) say that the way to learn the basics is to use old fashioned film cameras. So I won (for super cheap under $100) a Canon Rebel Ti on EBay. The digital SLR cameras are just too expensive, so i'll get proficient on this first before spending the hard earned cash.

My first roll of film turned out way out of focused, bad lighting, over/under exposed, and bad composition. It was a disappointment, because i thought i had good shots. The second roll was slightly better, but still lots of shots lost. The third was considerably better! I was pretty proud of myself. Much better shot selection, composition, lighting, etc. So the following pics are from that roll.

Enjoy
jl.

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Heather said...

These are great!!!!!! I love all of them.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Lorissa said...

Nice shots. I especially like the third one down of Maya and Mason hanging over the bridge. The lighting and everything is perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home